View Single Post
Old 25th February 2020, 16:55   #18388  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Wow, I'm sorry I wasted so much of your time by causing you to have to indirectly tell me your tool won't do what I want.
In my short testing your program I noticed the following additional shortfalls.
1) Your program appends options I didn't ask for to the x265 command line / doesn't give me full control of the x265 command line.
2) Your program seems to have no ability to pass a qpfile into the x265 encoder.
I didn't ask you to do anything for me. You informed me that it can't be used how I'd like to use it, so I'm moving on. I'm sorry you have taken that so personally.

I respectfully disagree. I figured out well enough how it works. I'm not interesting in changing my entire processing flow into it. I was hoping to use it to do distributed encoding at the end of my current processing flow instead of having to manually break up the final output into pieces and run the encodes simultaneously. It can't be used for that, which is fine. I took a look at it because Atak_Snajpera had previously suggested it in threads for distributed encoding on high core count systems to better utilize the CPU. It's not compatible with my method.
I'm surprised you're having an issue with the x265 command line but I'm not trying to pass qpfiles.
I had to change my work flow to use DE mode in RipBot but personally I found that it was worth it. There is a lot of automation ability too in the Settings > "Run command script after finished job"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I feed my losslessly compressed content that is split into several AVI files into x265 running the command line options of my choosing. Currently I append the AVI files to each other in AVIsynth, deband to 10-bit, and compress the output of AVIsynth with x265. I split the job manually into 8 as close to equal length pieces (cut on a scene change) which are then compressed simultaneously on a single PC. As part of the process I have to recalculate and create 8 qpfiles based on the starting offset of each of the 8 segments to keep the placement of the chapter keyframes in the correct locations.

I was hoping to find a solution that would take my .avs combining the AVI files spitting out 10-bits and handle the splitting and qpfile offset automatically while giving me full control over the x265 command line. As it turns out ripbot264 can't do that for me. It's not a big deal. I'll keep doing what I've been doing.

Lossy video -> processing in Resolve and/or AVIsynth -> lossless or transparent intermediate file or files -> final pre-compression tweaks in AVIsynth -> x265 or x264
If you changed a how you do a few things (not what they're doing) RipBot can do what you want but it would take a bit of work. Best of luck.

Last edited by byteshare; 25th February 2020 at 18:25.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote