View Single Post
Old 21st October 2019, 13:34   #3258  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ml422 View Post
So, is it Windows or something else that kicks it back to other than LAV filters?

Is it old and true MPC-HC 64 bit the one that's using it? Or DVDFab, VidCoder,...? That way I'll always have LAV as default for AvstoDVD. Thanks.
This should not happen. If you are under Win10 it may be that after a feature update the preferred DS filters will be reset, but it will certainly reset the filters to the MS default filters and not to ffdshow.

So I believe that either yourself or some software you are using has changed the preferred filter settings to ffdshow. MPC-HC 64 has been using LAV Filters for quite some time, if your version still uses ffdshow it must be pretty old. Time to upgrade...

If you do not need the newer LAV features (supporting newer video codecs or current hardware assisted decoding features) then ffdshow is really not so bad. AVStoDVD fully supports it, and if you are not getting any problems like audio/video sync problems then you could probably stay with ffdshow. I have no idea which of your other installed software might insist on ffdshow, this is something you need to find out yourself by uninstalling ffdshow and check all your video playback or conversion software.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote