View Single Post
Old 17th June 2017, 10:32   #1  |  Link
ultron

Problems creating a externally playable dvd with Devede

Hello, I was trying to pass a video file to a dvd-r to use in an external dvd, saw a thread on ask ubuntu about it and there is mentioned devede. Decide to try it, but I am experiencing problems trying to do two different things.

The first is when I try to create a playable dvd with a single video file. When trying to create it, a pop up window shows up saying:
Quote:
Failed to create the BIN/CUE files. Maybe you run out of disk space
However, there is an option called:
Quote:
Media size:
where I putted the option
Quote:
700 MB CD
. And I have more than 1GB of free space. Nonetheless, running it through command line it says
Quote:
currentfile is: /home/leopoldo/movie/movie_01_01.mpg

Launching shell program: ln -s "/home/leopoldo/videos/Gilmore.Girls.S01/gilmore.girls.1x01.pilot.dvdrip.dual.xvid-vermi.avi" "/home/leopoldo/movie/movie_01_01.mpg"

Launching program: vcdimager -c /home/leopoldo/movie/movie.cue -b /home/leopoldo/movie/movie.bin -t vcd2 /home/leopoldo/movie/movie_01_01.mpg
elemento: /usr/bin
++ WARN: initializing libvcd 0.7.23 [linux-gnu/x86_64]
++ WARN:
++ WARN: this is the Beta development branch!
++ WARN: use only if you know what you are doing
++ WARN: see http://www.hvrlab.org/~hvr/vcdimager/ for more information
++ WARN:
++ WARN: mpeg scan: pack header code (0x000001ba) expected, but 0x52494646 found (buflen = 2324)
++ WARN: ...this looks like a RIFF header but a plain multiplexed program stream was required.
**ERROR: input mpeg stream has been deemed invalid -- aborting
Creating window /usr/share/devede/werror_dialog.ui
So there is something wrong with the header? Is there a way to fix it?

The other problem shows up when combining subtitle with a video file.
Doing the same as before but adding a srt file through the menu options I get stuck with a pop up window saying:
Quote:
Adding subtitles to filename.avi
1/3
STAT: 0:00:02
that stays on this state eternally. Running devede through command line it says:
Quote:
currentfile is: /home/leopoldo/movie/movie_01_01.mpg

Launching shell program: cp "/home/leopoldo/videos/filename.avi" "/home/leopoldo/movie/movie_01_01.mpg"

Trying to create /home/leopoldo/movie/movie_sub.xml
Launching shell program: iconv -f ISO-8859-1 -t UTF8 "/home/leopoldo/videos/subtitlename.srt" -o "/home/leopoldo/movie/movie_sub_tmp.sub"

FPS sub 1 original
FPS sub 2 final
Launching shell program: spumux -m svcd -s 0 "/home/leopoldo/movie/movie_sub.xml" < "/home/leopoldo/movie/movie_01_01.mpg" > "/home/leopoldo/movie/movie_01_01.mpg.sub"

DVDAuthor::spumux, version 0.6.14.
Build options: gnugetopt magick iconv freetype
Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

INFO: Locale=en_US.utf8
INFO: Converting filenames to UTF-8
INFO: Detected subtitle file format: subviewer
INFO: Opened iconv descriptor. *UTF-8* *UTF-8*
INFO: Read 547 subtitles
INFO: Unicode font: 5025 glyphs.
INFO: Skipped 17758 bytes of garbage
Even closing devede, spumux keeps running, using 100% of cpu.

On this case I think I can use ffmpeg to embed the subtitles in the video file , but it would be nice to fix it other way.
ultron is offline   Reply With Quote