View Single Post
Old 21st November 2013, 23:25   #248  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
Full backup might not be good option since you need 50% overhead for dependent view. However I do see this option viable for short movies and have good news for you
That is good news, and I look forward to physic's implementation. But, as I tried to explain before -- you don't have to worry about additional overhead because from a 3D perspective the M2TS files have no purpose. If you want to create a 3D disc -- all you need is the corresponding SSIF file(s). The 3D playback is played from there. The two M2TS files can be replaced by dummy files that have the same attributes but are only a couple of seconds long (assuming the CLPI is correctly formatted) since they would be simply pointing to the same data that is interleaved in the SSIF. The base view M2TS might be replaced with a video saying "You need a 3D player, buddy". The downside is that the features, etc. can ONLY be played on a 3D player with a 3D monitor (2D playback would require the base view M2TS). But some discs are like that anyway (meaning they won't play except on a 3D player).

I've done it and on my 3D BD player it works fine.

Last edited by jdobbs; 21st November 2013 at 23:34.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote