View Single Post
Old 30th September 2018, 19:21   #1006  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@Telion,

I think the test build has a bug, if cyberbeing implements my tweaked code, it might fix it. Not 100% sure, though.

@ikarad,

thanks for the video, it helped me reproduce the problem. I'd suggest that you remove the link because it's more than a little sample, so from a copyright point of view it's not a good idea to post it publically. Anyway, the problem is this: XySubFilter connects to madVR first. For DVD subtitles, however, LAV Video Decoder is the one who's responsible and XySubFilter is not involved at all! LAV Video Decoder tries to connect to madVR, too (for subtitles), but the connection gets rejected because XySubFilter is already connected. Because of that LAV Video Decoder can't deliver the subtitles to madVR.

This might actually be a timing problem: If XySubFilter connects first, it won't work. If LAV connects first, it will work. That might explain why it works in one bitdepth, but not the other. Or maybe it even varies. In any case, you can "solve" it by disabling XySubFilter, when watching DVDs. Unfortunately I don't really have a better solution available right now. It is on my to do list to support more than one subtitle connection. That would fully solve the problem, but I didn't get around implementing that yet.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote