View Single Post
Old 15th October 2018, 22:55   #6  |  Link
manolito

Thanks for the samples...
The format is very similar to the German public DVB-T2 format (with the exception that they always broadcast at 50 fps here). Even the dreaded AAC-LATM audio is there.

Quote:
Both have a second audio description track
For the first "switch.ts" sample I cannot see a second audio description track. This file does cause trouble here, it does not play nicely in any of my software players. TSDoctor cannot even analyze it correctly, the start PCR is wrong, the user is told to repair the stream first (but no mention of how to do this).

The other file "titles.ts" does work. TSDoctor does not find anything to repair, it just strips padding. You only get all these errors if you try to use FFmpeg on the file directly. I found that you always should repack such streams first to MKV using MKVToolNix. If you feed such MKVs to FFmpeg there will still be some messages: "Non-monotonous DTS in output stream", but all the other errors have disappeared.

I converted this MKV with FFmpeg using "Copy" for the video and the subs, and converting both audio tracks to AC3. You can check it out here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qdrjip

With this sample it is hard to tell if audio is completely in sync, but it looks good to me. Please note that with such AAC-LATM source audio you will get huge audio delays of sometimes more than 1 sec. This can cause trouble if you need to decode the file depending on the source filter. With ffms2 and also with DSS2Mod this audio delay needs to be ignored.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote