View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 02:31   #1043  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

It seems much smoother now, which is good, but it's unstable. I've had at least 10 random lockups of the renderer in the last hour, when doing things like pausing, seeking, and going from fullscreen <-> windowed. If you don't mess with it, it seems fine though.

Pausing the video and going to fullscreen seems to lockup the renderer every time. It goes to fullscreen with the screen black, displays what I assume was in the frame cache, the screen goes black again, and the renderer locks-up.

There is a randomly occurring issue when it get the end of the file. Sometimes it will exit fullscreen, display a black frame, and then playback the last half-second (emptying the frame cache?).

Moving the video window around with MPC-HC results in massive flickering and tearing.

Considerable dropped/delayed frames when first opening the file and when switching from fullscreen <-> windowed.

For some reason I occasionally get delayed frames (the render queue fluxuates between 7/8 and 8/8) when I downscale a 1920x1080 video to 1600x900 (1600x1200 display res). When upscaling, I don't have this problem.

It's also not remembering luma scaling settings:

The good news is that the sample I uploaded a 3 weeks ago, as well as pretty much everything else I tried, now seems to playback nice and smooth with 0.10.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 17th May 2009 at 02:38.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote