View Single Post
Old 30th November 2017, 21:28   #2  |  Link
numaios

It's late, I know, but if this might help someone...

The original DivX (MPEG-4 ASP) codec is no longer developed since DivX 7, so the codec's last version is DivX 6.8.5 or 6.9.2 (I'm not sure if they're basically the same). Since DivX 7, the changes were focused in improving DivX Converter with new profiles and features, the development of a MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) codec, and later a HEVC (H.265) codec.

Until the first versions of DivX 10, the DivX 6.9.2 codec was included in the installer. Later, since DivX Software 10.2 (2014) the codec wasn't included but a "DivX Codec pack" was available officially in divx.com. And finally, the codec pack was no longer officially available. Of course you can use the internal version of the codec if you use DivX Converter, when you select a DivX or DivX HD profile (not the DivX+ profiles, MP4 profiles for iPhone/iPad, or DivX HEVC profiles).

BUT if you want to use the VfW version of the codec, so you can use it with Gordian Knot 0.35.0, you can google for an old bundle of DivX 7, 8, 9 or 10 (prior to version 10.2) and install only the codec (to avoid uninstalling your DivX 10 already installed), or try to get a link for the DivX codec pack in DivX support forums (https://support.divx.com) searching for "DivX codec pack".

Last edited by numaios; 30th November 2017 at 21:47.
numaios is offline   Reply With Quote