View Single Post
Old 7th February 2014, 18:17   #19140  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
What are you using as a playback device? I have done a lot of muxing with the newer TSMUXER and have had no issues. I have also received no other reports like yours.

Another question: Is there actually encoding involved, or is BD-RB keeping the source intact? I can't tell much without a log.
I was just about to mention that. I did a test with NO ENCODING being done. I'm going to do a short 2 min clip of the movie and encode it in BD Rebuilder to see if encoding the video fixes the issue. I want to encode it anyway so if it does than that's OK but if somebody wanted to use the no encoding option to blank files or whatever then they'd get that corrupted output.

I have played the BD Rebuilder output (not encoded) in PowerDVD 12, TMT 5.3, and MPC-HC. Everything that I try playing it back on produces the same exact output. I will do a short test encode of only the movie and report my results in a few minutes.

Also note, that people have reported in the tsMuxeR forum that this issue doesn't happen with all movies using the new tsMuxeR. I personally have never had it happen until now.

Edit: I have just finished my short test encode and sure enough the video is fine IF it gets encoded in BD Rebuilder. If it's NOT encoded then the video is horrible to look at. I just want to make this clear: It's not just the main movie that's plagued with the problematic video playback. It's any video that gets processed in BD Rebuilder that DOESN'T get encoded such as intro, trailers, bonus material, etc... I'd imagine that this was never reported before as most people end up having their video encoded but sometimes I come across a title that just needs the extras encoded. It does happen but not often. I think that it's just certain movies that this happens on as I muxed videos with tsMuxeR v2.xx before and have never had this problem.

BTW, if you want I can PM you with an FTP link of a short video clip of the intro that's ~227 MB for you to test out yourself. It'll include the video and DTS core as I removed everything else to do quick and simple testing as this disc includes PIP, DTS-Express, etc...

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 7th February 2014 at 18:57.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote