View Single Post
Old 15th December 2016, 01:11   #25324  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
For 3D backups I can select mode "Movie and menus" and "SBS output" which will keep the original menu and put the movie SBS in the .m2ts container / BD file structure.
My HW player will however stall. Now my questions:
- Is this only an issue of my player/TV?
- or is the SBS setting illegal for BD output, and only applicable for alternate output .mkv / .mp4? (and if so, should the selection be greyed out in the BD RB menu?)
- or should the original clipinf / playlist be modified to instruct the player/TV to play the SBS .m2ts as 3D?

Thanks.
Half SBS isn't illegal. The player has no idea that it is side-by-side, since it is simply two pictures combined into a standard 1920x1080 format (typically, you could also do 720p or 480/576 if you wanted). The player just sends the 1080p picture to the playback device which then does the splitting/stretching of the SBS for 3D playback.

It would be, however, illegal to attempt to create a Full-SBS 3840x1080p picture and attempt to play it SBS from a BD player. To get full SBS you need standard 3D output to a 3D player. But I don't think I even allow that in BD-RB (I'd have to check, as it's been a while since I worked on the 3D code).

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th December 2016 at 01:17.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote