View Single Post
Old 18th May 2018, 16:16   #27327  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

@Jdobbs and others interested. I have an update on that issue where i was unable to get Intel QuickSync to work with BDRB while having my GTX 1080 being used for actual display.

Now: as to the update. After doing some research last monday (again), i read one on of the sites that even though the iGPU would be enabled in the motherboard BIOS that it would shut itself off if no display was connected. So i though, "i wonder if there's something to simulate an attached display". So i went onto Amazon (UK), and entered "HDMI dummy plug". Lo and behold, there was. Multiple ones. So i looked through a couple and ordered this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072PV6K8J

It arrived today, i just got home, grabbed it, plugged it straight in to the onboard hdmi. Instantly an "Intel HD Graphics" icon popped up in my system tray and when i checked windows control panel > Display, there was indeed a "third monitor". So i though, i wonder if it'll work. If it doesn't back to amazon. So i loaded a 3D iso in VCD. Fired up BDRB and placed the following in the ini file "FRIM_SW_DECODE=0" and "FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0" to let everything being handled automatically. Pressed "Backup" and after about 5 min of demuxing, where it would first stall for about 10-15sec and then fail, after mere seconds the FPS started ticking... 10, 20, 30 (passed that 88 someone mentioned) and it's peaking out at 116,8!!!! fps on "Sin_City_2_3D".

So i guess it worked! Long story short, if you fail to enable FRIM quicksync with bdrb on 3D sources with a discrete graphics card used for your monitors. Grab a $10 hdmi or DVI dummy plug and install that. Problem solved!

Now to hope there won't be any graphical glitches (or has that problem that was present in early builds with hardware encoding being used) been solved?

** edit ** FPS capped out at 117.11FPS. Not bad coming from 20-24 FPS. Thats nearly x5. Multipluxing the wanted streams back together took a whopping 33 seconds , then proceeded to scanning the 3D CLPI info

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 18th May 2018 at 16:26.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote