View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 11:18   #1  |  Link
Music Fan

How to repair this TS (h264) ?

Hi,
I often make AVCHDs with tsMuxer for movies I recorded on tv with my VU+ decoder.
I noticed recently that the default setting for video in tsMuxer ("Insert SEI and VUI data if absent") could create some artifacts with some recordings, thus now I select "Do not change SEI and VUI data" and it's ok.

But it was too late for one of my recordings and I don't have the original file anymore. I don't remember if the original file had these problems but I'm pretty sure it was ok and eac3to did not detect any bug when I used it to demux the original TS (I did it mostly to remove dialog norm in the ac3 track and thus I demuxed video too).
The demux with eac3to seems to have the same effect than the remux with tsMuxer (with its default setting) on some videos.

When I look at the new ts on my pc, there are some sort of pixelation. Here is a cap (click for full screen);

When I look at it on my standalone player (Oppo), the problem is different, there are freezes.

Is there a way to repair it, possibly without re-encoding ?

I of course tried to remux it with the other settings but they don't have effect.

Thanks.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote