View Single Post
Old 17th June 2018, 14:46   #6274  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Was slipstreamed SP2, and then SP3, into standard setup disk (pro GOLD, ie SP0), (but with Internet Explorer 8.0 [no idea why, I dont use it at all]
and also WMP 11.0 [dont use that either], nothing else I think).
I also set up a load of stuff including Visual Studio 2008, before using WSUSOffline,
Thanks Mani, I'll give it another go with WSUS updates applied first.

EDIT: To Below,
I updated the XP downloaded updates again via W10 Home, and noticed an error message (only in console window, not logged to log file),
that some *.txt md5 hash files were giving an "Access Denied" error message.
So having noticed this, I decided to download the entire update set again (with 9.2.4 about 5GB for chosen stuff [XP32+64]), and re-tried
the XP targetting, (I install all DotNet, from 1.1, 2.0, 3.5 [includes v3.0] and 4.0), but NOT CPP files, no remote desktop, no
Silverlight, no updated certificate things. [EDIT: + Powershell 2.0]
Installed just fine, 159 updates in total. Still got the "Failed to add file" type errror messages in windowsUpdate.log (not the
WSusOfflineUpdate.log), but only 30 seconds worth, and did not really take any more time than it should have.
All hunky dory now, my downloads were just messing up due to MD5 hash stuff.

EDIT: I saw no indication to what file/files the "Failed to add file" stuff referred to.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 23rd June 2018 at 21:05.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote