Thread: StaxRip
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2017, 17:44   #2013  |  Link
Yanak

Hi, I'll wait for the next version then.

I will make a request on github later at night or most probably tomorrow for an improved demux interface with a bit more options possible for viewing and extracting attachments in Mkv's or covers from mp4's and mov's, thanks a lot.

I have reset the demuxing options, if i open an avi or ts file that if i understood correctly should use a new ffmpeg demux GUI for audio but i still see the same as before, I'm not sure if it should be like this or if i am missing something. Spent some time and done all my settings again in this new version instead of importing them just in case something could have been messed up.

One last thing, when using the Mkv container and checking file with media info i see that there is the tags for "Writing frontend : StaxRip 1.4.3.6" coming from the .xml file. I'm not too familiar with mkv muxing and while you fully deserve all recognition possible for the great work on this tool, i would like to know if there a way to disable this for once in a while i need to get a very neutral output file ?

Btw you can add a similar stuff for mp4's with mp4box using this : -itags encoder="StaxRip":Tool="%version%" , will get out in mediafinfo as "Writing application : StaxRip / 1.4.3.6"

But if you lock this one as mkv seems to be, i will not be able to add more tags or add a cover as all stuff needs to be added in a single "-itags" parameter, for example this is what i use for my mp4's when i don't need neutral files ( cover picture is taken in preview mode with SaveJpgByPath command and "%working_dir%%source_name%.jpg" for path ):

-itags encoder="StaxRip":tool="%version%":cover="%working_dir%%source_name%.jpg":comment="Some text comment + the GPS data from the original footage video etc..."

Maybe leaving this as a possibility the end user can select in the container options in the command line menu, with -itags encoder="StaxRip":Tool="%version%" set and applied by default but possible to be edited in the command line options or removed when not needed, i don't know, might add this in github too

Thanks again for all.

Last edited by Yanak; 11th May 2017 at 18:06.
Yanak is offline   Reply With Quote