View Single Post
Old 9th September 2018, 20:52   #6  |  Link
zorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
I'm sure that someone might have some suitable true 50/60FPS stuff to donate, [AssumeFPS(60.0) to make numbers better if 59.94fps].
The way I see it is that every video is unique and might need different parameters for optimal results. So doing this half-framerate test on such video will tell us one thing: what are good parametes for this one video. But with more test cases hopefully general patterns will emerge and the optimizer would only need to figure out which of these cases it is dealing with.

Quote:
I did start on some half arsed similar project but gave up (well on back burner somwhere), was intending to use from script and using RT_Stats
RT_Array and/or RT_DBase, maybe DBase for arg names, ranges etc, and array for results.

Your effort looks way more organized than my totally unplanned (lets see what happens) effort.
It wasn't that organized from the start, just a crazy idea that evolved gradually into what it is today. Hats off to you for trying to do it in pure Avisynth, I didn't even think of such possibility. It was fun to figure out all the parts that were needed. How do I make Avisynth script communicate the results to another program? How to run Avisynth scripts programmatically? And so on...

Quote:
Good look and keep us all posted, your cherry pickin's look good to me
Thanks, I have some more cherry-picked results to share but I have to finish this tutorial thread first.

Quote:
EDIT: I guess your thread explains all of the 'torture' you put me through in this thread:- http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175373
That would be correct. That was me trying to understand how to get the best possible quality out of MVTools.

Quote:
EDIT: Also take note that Source Framerate is also an indirect arg, and it would be good to also know how it
affects the results.
Sorry, which function has this argument?
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote