View Single Post
Old 8th January 2015, 07:26   #8  |  Link
flacattack

Ah, ok thanks again guys! And yes, surrealism is a good way to describe the look that my script was giving me. Personally, I liked it on a couple of frames.... but once I encoded I realized how terribly it distorted other frames. I hope you guys at least got a good kick out of seeing such a crazy script!

So I took away the LSFMod's, the first NNEDI3 and awarpsharp and my speed jumped up to 0.90 FPS! I also added MCAA to get rid of some (but not all) of the shimmering I got after QTGMC. Unfortunately, I can't set up any source functions to MT because I cannot get the script to stay under 2GB RAM usage so avs4x264mod doesn't crash, no matter what I set my memory limit to. So I'm pleased considering the heavily haloed source. I'll post a before and after example clip once I tweak a few more things. I'll also post and example of some residual outlines that appear in some succeeding frames (don't know exactly what to call it, possibly chroma bleeding). Here is my current script:

SetMemoryMax(1900)
MPEG2Source("C:\Desktop\Vid\VTS_03_CHAPTER_02_1.d2v")
SetMTMode(2)
QTGMC(Preset="Slower",FPSDivisor=2,Sharpness=0.2,SubPel=4,truemotion=true,chromamotion=true,globalmotion=true,ProgSADMask=18.0)
MCAA(dark=0.0, thin=0, sharp= 10, smooth=1, stabilize=true, aafilter="taa", predown=false, predownMC=false, aarepair=24)
DeHalo_alpha_2BD(rx=2.0, ry=2.0, darkstr=1.0, brightstr=1.0, lowsens=2, highsens=2, ss=10.0)
MSharpen(threshold=5, strength=28, mask=false, highq=true)
UnsharpHQ(THRESHOLD=8, SHARPSTR=0.1, SMOOTH=2.0)
HQDeringmod(mrad=4, msmooth=4,mthr=200, minp=4, dither=6)
nnedi3_resize16(target_width=1440, target_height=1080, src_left=0, src_top=0, nsize=0,nns=4,kernel_d="spline", kernel_u="spline", f_d=1.0, f_u=1.0, taps=6, invks_d=True, invks_u=true, invkstaps=6, noring=True)
flacattack is offline   Reply With Quote