View Single Post
Old 8th January 2015, 16:19   #9  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacattack View Post
Encoding utilizes full CPU without my script, but caps out around 20% with the script. So the issue is most definitely from a few of my plugins, specifically QTGMC and I believe LSFmod. No matter how I try to set up MT with QTGMC, I cannot push my CPU over 20% even when it is individually run.
I gave up on MT Avisynth myself. If I'm using slow filtering (ie QTGMC) I run more than one encode at a time and keep the CPU busy that way.
If I'm only running one encode, I make a copy or two of the script and split the encoding job by adding Trim() to the end of each, so each script encodes part of the video, then I run them simultaneously. The encoded video can be appended later with MKVMergeGUI, as long as "stitchable" is checked in the x264 encoder configuration.

My main issue with MT Avisynth was not being able to get it 100% stable. A couple of times I left the encoding job running and returned to find the PC had spent most of the time displaying an error message instead of encoding, so I went back to single threaded mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacattack View Post
So I took away the LSFMod's, the first NNEDI3 and awarpsharp and my speed jumped up to 0.90 FPS! I also added MCAA to get rid of some (but not all) of the shimmering I got after QTGMC. Unfortunately, I can't set up any source functions to MT because I cannot get the script to stay under 2GB RAM usage so avs4x264mod doesn't crash, no matter what I set my memory limit to.
Anyone know if it's likely for avs4x264mod to be a bottleneck?
I ask because someone at VideoHelp was asking about slow encoding speed recently and avs4x264mod seemed like it might be the culprit.
The way I understand it MeGUI uses avs4x264mod when Avisynth is 32 bit and the x264 encoder is 64 bit. I don't know if there's a way to bypass it when running a 64 bit OS. I'm using XP myself so avs4x264mod is never used.

flacattack,
Out of curiosity, what sort of speed to you get if you only use QTGMC from your previous script and nothing else?

Last edited by hello_hello; 8th January 2015 at 16:23.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote