View Single Post
Old 27th September 2015, 22:00   #27  |  Link
nalor

@Neph: I think I've found your problem

The default path to the mediaplayer logfile in the ini file seems to be wrong - I just managed to reproduce your problem with a fresh mediaplayer installation
What is happening is the following: when you install mediaplayer only a few registry entries are written, for all the other values mediaplayer simply uses it's internal 'default' values.
So directly after a fresh installation of mediaplayer there's no special registry entry to read the 'logfolder' - and as a fallback I use the value from the ini file.
The entry from the ini file looks like this:
Quote:
%userprofile%\Documents\DVDFab Media Player\Log
but should be this:

Quote:
%userprofile%\Documents\DVDFab Media Player
To fix your problem you have 2 options:
  1. edit the ini-file and remove the '\log' from the end
  2. open the mediaplayer settings and simply press OK - this way the logfolder entry is written to the registry

In 0.67 the logfile shows a little bit more details about the logfinding process - so I guess when you start the 0.67 without executing step 2 from above you'll find a line like this in the logfile:
Quote:
2015-09-27 22:49:28 # 377650 # Couldn't read MediaPlayerLogDir from registry - take the info from the ini file
As Mediaplayer isn't working at the moment I'd recommend DVDfab9 to you - as long as you don't use the DVDfab 'main' functions like decoding the content the trial period will never start so it will never expire but nevertheless decrypt the bluray to get the vuk

PS: in the next release the default path for the mediaplayer log in the ini file will be correct
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote