View Single Post
Old 1st October 2015, 22:00   #39  |  Link
nalor

I've never done anything with github - so in case I'm going open source I think I would simply include the source into the zip file of the application...

And as the list of features it offers is that short, I can't think of any third party interest to help with development
Apart from that Purebasic as programming-language isn't that wide spread at all - although it's a small application it still has ~5000 lines of code and also uses some winapi functions, so only the commercial purebasic edition can be used to compile the source code.
The main reason for going open source would be to make it easier to understand how the aacs decryption works - basically I think that 'basic' code is easier to read and understand than for example the code of the libaacs-library.

At the moment there's exactly one feature missing I'd like to add:
  • check in the main-keydb.cfg if the currently detected key is already in the database and if it is check the other values if it makes sense to write a new entry to the file or not.

As soon as this is done development from my side will most likely be reduced to a maintenance mode to check compatibility with new releases of the required external DVDfab applications.

And as long as nobody else is reporting errors or feature request I wouldn't have an idea what else I could integrate

(I thought about a GUI or to limit detection to a fixed drive letter - but decided against it because the tool does at the moment everything it needs to do... and I think it's doing it quite well so no reason to change the workflow fundamentally..)

Last edited by nalor; 1st October 2015 at 22:05.
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote