View Single Post
Old 7th February 2019, 20:16   #380  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpower2 View Post
As for the delays, it's been thoroughly discussed in this thread, the effective delay is required in order to re-merge the tracks and be in sync with each other.
Sorry, I have not followed these thorough discussions, but I do disagree.

Please have a look at this file:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dsauzo

It is a real world DVB-T2 captured clip, I deal with such clips every day. It comes in an MTS container, I repacked it to MKV using the latest MKVToolnix. It has a huge audio delay, but it plays in perfect sync in all my software players.

Next thing I did was extracting the audio track with gMKVExtractGUI. The filename of the extracted track was "test_track2_[mis]_DELAY -1446ms.aac". Then I remerged this extracted audio file into the original MKV. In my uploaded MKV this remerged audio track appears as audio track #2. Now please play this file in any software player which allows to switch audio tracks during playback. What do you think about the audio sync for track #2?

Sorry I only found a German channel where lip sync can be judged, but I think you can get the idea without speaking German. For the files I regularly work with the audio delay feature in gMKVExtractGUI does not work, I always need to turn it off.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote