View Single Post
Old 29th March 2019, 22:02   #1585  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskroll View Post
1. I am unable to disable artwork when converting. Track -> Show details -> Artwork -> Right mouse button on cover -> Clear Artwork. This deletes the artwork in LameXP itself, however is still present in the metadata of the file after the encoding completed. My example is from FLAC to AAC/MP4. Also, selecting multiple files and deleting the artwork, only deletes it from the one you've clicked on: not all those you've selected. Am I doing something wrong in this process?
There cannot be any cover artwork (or other meta information) in the encoded file, unless it is explicitly embedded.

But LameXP won't (and can't) instruct QAAC to embed any meta-tags – including cover artwork – unless that meta-data is actually available in LameXP and the option "Write meta information to encoded files" is enabled.

You can double-check this in the LameXP log. For this purpose, double-click on the corresponding item in the list, after the encoding process has finished. Then check the QAAC command-line.

Anyway, how do you know that encoded file still contains cover artwork? For example, if your playback application shows cover artwork for the file, it does not necessarily mean the artwork was loaded from the file itself!

(The playback application might load cover artwork from a separate "cover.jpg" in the same directory, or even fetch it from the Internet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskroll View Post
2. Again about AAC/MP4: Is it somehow possible to change the output from .mp4 container to the .m4a extension?
If you really which to change the file extension of AAC/MP4 files to the non-standard .m4a extension, you can do this by simply renaming those files, of course

In LameXP, you could use the "Rename output files" option, on the "Advanced options" tab. Click on "File extensions" and then "Add overwrite".

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 29th March 2019 at 22:05.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote