View Single Post
Old 16th April 2016, 10:53   #1358  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonah View Post
I'm having an issue with Vorbis Comment tags on Ogg files encoded with LameXP. My source files are FLAC files and have all been properly tagged. However, after encoding with LameXP, all the tags are duplicated with 2 backslashes (\\) except for the year.

For example, if the artist tag in the FLAC file is "Disturbed", the encoded Ogg file is tagged as "Disturbed\\Disturbed." The comment contains "Encoded with LameXP\\", followed by the original comment from the source FLAC file.

This bug does not occur if the Normalization Filter is enabled.
Hello, Yonah.

If the selected encoder is capable of reading the input file format directly (and if no filters are enabled!), then LameXP takes a "shortcut" and just invokes the encoder directly on the input file – instead of going the usual "decoder → filters → encoder" route with intermediate WAV files. Now my guess is that, when OggEnc2 (i.e. the Ogg/Vorbis encoder) is reading your input FLAC file directly, then it keeps the meta tags found in the original FLAC and also appends the tags specified explicitly by LameXP – rather than "replacing" redundant tags. Not sure whether this is a bug or a feature. Enabling the "normalization" filter probably fixes this, because the "shortcut" can no longer be used when filters are enabled

[EDIT]

Okay, I think it's a feature and we need to use the --discard-comments command-line switch of OggEnc2 to get the desired result. A new version is underway...

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 16th April 2016 at 11:14.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote