View Single Post
Old 19th September 2015, 19:57   #4776  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octo-puss View Post
I simply opened AVS script creator, then selected file indexer, and when the file started processing, it gradually slowed down to crawl and I even had to shut MeGUI down once because the disk choked so badly the progression stopped.
You could add a global option to either enable system temp folder or specify a custom one.
You can already do both.
In MeGUI's options there's one to specify the default output directory.
When you open file with the File Indexer you can specify the location where the index file should be saved (audio being extracted should be extracted to the same location).

The one exception might be indexing with L-Smash. At the moment the index file is created in the same directory as the source file then copied to the specified directory for the output files. I'd imagine that's some sort of limitation with the L-Smash indexer that prevents the index file from being written directly to the output directory, but Zathor can probably shed some light there.

I think the L-Smash indexer always indexes any audio whether it's required or not (as opposed to ffms2, where MeGUI configures it not to index the audio if it's not selected in the File Indexer). For large files, especially those with multiple audio streams, that might slow the indexing process.

I just tried a quick test with a 3GB MKV with 2 audio streams. Indexing time was 25 seconds for a 58mb index file (it appears to have indexed at least one of the audio streams even though no audio was selected in the file indexer).
After I remuxed the same video as an MKV without audio, indexing took 16 seconds for a 10mb index file.
For very large files containing audio, indexing the audio could make quite a difference.

Maybe Zathor will know if it's possible to tell L-Smash not to index audio unless it's required.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote