View Single Post
Old 15th January 2016, 11:25   #35353  |  Link
XTrojan

Quote:

And your TV actually understands that? I think that's one possible 3D format, but not a lot of TVs can handle it.

I don't subtitles should be a problem for the way madVR renders 3D. madVR simply draws all subtitles on both left and right eye view at the same position. I think that should work just fine.

I have an nvidia windows 8.1 machine and 3D works just fine here. I will probably upgrade to windows 10 sooner or later, but I doubt it will make a difference.
It's basically 23fps 2160p, but when you enable "side by side" or "over under", vertical or horizontal resolution gets cut in half as it combines two sides into 3D or over/under into 3D. Most TVs should support this, it doesn't require 3D planes either since one side = one eye, and subtitles are rendered at both. The downside is that 4k is needed otherwise it's gonna be something like 960x1080 or 1920x540, no software is needed as the TV does all of the work, the player only needs to show the MVC stream at right or left and 2D stream at other, with subtitles at both.

http://www.roadtovr.com/wp-content/u...s-example.jpeg
Side by Side without the TV combining them to 3D, MVC stream at right, original at left.

If MadVR can handle 3D subtitles without it bugging, then sure I have no issues using frame-packed, it's just that my past experience subtitles are 2D which is unacceptable or they are 3D but without the 3D information/plane which causes buggyness.

Last edited by XTrojan; 15th January 2016 at 11:32.
XTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote