View Single Post
Old 21st May 2017, 21:30   #43809  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igvk View Post
Maybe, it's better to choose relative colorimetric then?
Well, I was addressing those artifacts in your test pattern.

I prefer perceptual myself, accuracy is not affected very much and the image looks better. I spent years using an absolute or relative (or luminescence axis) intent but once I got over my accuracy > all fixation I much prefer the image when using perceptual. And you never get clipping artifacts.

If the display's gamut is not very close to the source gamut then perceptual is not a good choice but when your display is already close to the source gamut then perceptual is my preferred choice.

I suggest testing the various intents and picking the one that looks best to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oguignant View Post
I would like to understand when I should use it. If I change the refresh to 24hz instead of 23hz I could use it? Who would win?
If you want to use 24Hz with Windows 10 or 8.1 you probably need to use it, otherwise no. I never need to use 24 or 60 Hz so I do not enable it. Nothing wins if you don't need 24 Hz. I understand there are some 24 Hz blurays but I don't think I have any. Personally, enabling smooth motion and not worrying about any of these refresh rate issues is my preferred technique.