View Single Post
Old 20th February 2019, 12:34   #54869  |  Link
madjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
I uninstalled both mpc hc & be last night and madvr, too.
I also deleted madvr's folder, rebooted and then I run a registry cleaning. I also deleted mpc's folder left in program files.

I reinstalled mpc and downloaded another(older version 91.4) of madvr and extracted the folder in another drive(c: - had it on d: ).

When I started playing a movie and opened madvr settings I noticed that my settings where there(all of them, even the hd profiles in scaling) but madvr folder didn't have "settings.bin" when I extected it. As I understand it retrieves previous settings and maybe that is the problem. Is there in other location that madvr creates folders and profiles, so if I clean them will solve the problem.

I don't believe what is happening is normal. I said before that there is not such issue with my brothers rig with 4670k and 660ti.
Gpu does all the rendering and so cpu drops clocks.
I have a 4690k and r9 290 and I know(because I have seen it) that madvr did't behave with the same way in the past.
There is a registry entry but cant remember off the top of my head, but restore default settings will take it all back to default which is in the same folder.

Have you tried using MPC-HCs default renderer before madVR to see if the CPU spikes, as it maybe due to MPC rather than madVR ?

EDIT : https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...50#post1842150

Last edited by madjock; 20th February 2019 at 12:36.
madjock is offline   Reply With Quote