View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2016, 13:46   #211  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpower2 View Post
Well, I guess when I was asked to include CodecPrivate, mkvmerge didn't output it, or I was lazy enough not to check for it!
It was first included in version… uhm…

In the JSON output it looks like this:

Code:
        "codec_private_data": "014d4033ffe10017674d40339a7405016d808800000303e80000bb5478c19501000468ee3c80",
        "codec_private_length": 38,
The data itself is a hexdump. For tracks that don't have a CodecPrivate element these two elements aren't output.

Quote:
As for the relative delay…
I'm current implementing the following mechanism:

mkvmerge will always try to find the minimum timestamp for each track. It will process at most five seconds of data before giving up. If a timestamp is found for a track then it will be reported as "minimum_timestamp" (a number in nanoseconds) in the identification output. If no timestamp was found within the probing window (e.g. for subtitles that only start later) the element won't be present. The probing process will be aborteed as soon as five seconds of content have been observed (as stated above) or as soon as a timestamp has been found for every track, whichever happens first.

The timestamp reported will not necessarily be the first one for a track. For example, a video track may start with a B frame with a higher timestamp than the I frame coming shortly after it. mkvmerge will really report the minimum of what it finds.

Would that be useful to you? If so I can provide new pre-builds for testing soon.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote