View Single Post
Old 10th October 2013, 21:39   #7  |  Link
Flux

How 10-bit x264 will affect timelapse videos with orange sunset glow gradients? Shouldn't it preserve those smooth gradients better than 8-bit?

The problem is that 10-bit is more demanding for CPU. What I can do to keep the quality of the video, but reduce decoding requirements? I have some 10-bit 4:4:4 encoded videos, but the bitrate is like 150 Mbit/s. CPU is running over 90% all the time going 99% which will cause laggy video for second or two when starting the video and it gets laggy everytime when the video starts from the beginning, if I use repeat playback in MPC-HC. I really like the quality of that video, but current settings seems to be too demanding for my computer.

I also tested the video with RAM disk, so hard drive is not the reason for that beginning lagginess.

I'm currently using this command-line (10-bit x264)

avs4x264mod.exe --crf 10.0 --tune grain --fps 24 --output-csp i444 --output "video.264" "video.avs"