View Single Post
Old 24th March 2013, 15:00   #263  |  Link
IceB

TI3 Parser with YCbCr color space

Hello nand chan and all.

I have some troubles with the TI3 parsing results with my config.
The stream is HTPC with Nvidia GT430 --> AVR Anthem MRX 300 --> JVC X30 PJ all properly connected with the HDMI cables.
The color space is YCbCr through the Nvidia CP with limited range 16-235.
The HTPC usage is for watching HD material only - Blu Ray mostly.
The software is MPC-HC with Core AVC as a preferred H264 decoder ( 16-235 IN/16-235 OUT ) / LavVideo decoder for VC1 with CUDA ( 16-235 ) / madVR as a rendered (16-235 ).
The projectors HDMI is configured for the limited range.
This way I have reached the best PQ with BTB/WTW .
I have calibrated the projector greyscale/gamma first with AVS HD 709 MP4 patterns through the MPC-HC with DTP-94 meter.
Then I have decided to run through the dicpcalGUI with Argyll CMS since my previous results with this calibration were good with my TV after the 3DLUT implementation on the madVR.
I have checked the black/white level as measured on dispcalGUI with no black point compensation and gamma 2.4.
The result seems to be fine for the desktop, but I do not care of that.
Once I have parsed the TI3 file and placed it on the madVR i have lost my "blacks".
The overall color seems to be fine but I have not made any data meters since the blacks were red.
Removing the calibration 3dLUT file from the madVR settings brings back the blacks immediately.
Googling the issue I have found the following "Chroma Subsampling" article which seems like a description for the reason of the issue.
It is the first time I am using the dispcalGUI with TI3 parser on the YCbCr color space. Is it the reason ?
I would like to use the 3dLUT file for the color correction with the MPC-HC and madVR on top of the gamma/greyscale manual correction .

Is there any workaround ?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by IceB; 24th March 2013 at 15:02.
IceB is offline   Reply With Quote