View Single Post
Old 29th July 2011, 12:42   #9042  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
On another note, madshi could you make ISubRender subtitles get scaled with with the selected madVR luma/chroma resizers? If you set maximum texture size of 1280x720 and then playback fullscreen at 1920x1080, subtitles are very blurry. Do you even have control over that, or is it MPC-HC doing the blurry subtitle resizing with a lower texture size?
I don't think this is really possible. The subs need to be painted on the screen after scaling. What if my subs are rendered at 1920x1080, are they supposed to be scaled down to fit my 1280x720 video image? madVR does not know at what size the subtitles are rendered at.

All madVR does is tell MPC-HC to draw the subs onto the (otherwise finished) image. MPC-HC does all the subtitle scaling. It may be possible to actually get MPC-HC to do a bit sharper upscaling, instead of the extremely blurry version it has now - but its not something that madVR can influence.

If i were to change MPC-HC to do sharper scaling, i'm sure some people would complain because they like blurry, so i guess it would need a UI option, too... meh.