View Single Post
Old 30th July 2011, 12:12   #9049  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
In the next build you'll be able to create an empty file named "force full range input" in the madVR folder, which will make madVR always auto select full range input. You can still change input range via keyboard shortcut, of course.
OK, great! I don't think I'll be only one enjoying full range video. I'm looking forward a fully PotP-compatible mVR build then

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Before you ask: No similar hacks coming for gamut, though.
No worries, really! I completely overlooked that RGB32 support in mVR would allow me to use rgb3dlut() again, and when using YUY2 LUT's it basically does the RGB conversion for free(God knows using what miracle ), and tritical's yv12toyuy2() allows me to specify the YV12>YUY2 bicubic interpolation coeff, so together w/ mVR's own scaler settings and rgb3dlut() bicubic scaling settings that really enables me to perfectly finetune the sharpness of the picture. Your 0.33/0.33 advise looks amazing in yv12toyuy2(), and so does 1.0/0.0 in rgb3dlut(): I can't believe how crispy(but not oversharpened) the PQ currently looks on my rig. The last problem w/ yv12toyuy2() was that it's mod4 only, but Gavino wrote an automatic script that adds black borders in order to become mod4....I've put all my LUT's on a ramdisk, and presto! automatic ffdshow profiles based on resolution/frame rate and filename tags, perfect sharpness/smoothness and 3DLUT based corrections on the get go...I couldn't be happier

Last edited by leeperry; 30th July 2011 at 12:35.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote