View Single Post
Old 7th December 2018, 00:21   #3  |  Link
abolibibelot

So I solved the Morph issue by re-installing Avisynth+ r1576 (replacing AviSynthPlus-MT-r2728.exe included in StaxRip). Does it help to pinpoint what was causing it ?

Doing further testing, I find it surprising and puzzling that applying Morph after FrameSurgeon on the same frame (which is problematic for FrameSurgeon because of fast motion and produces those weird fuzzy edges) gives a slightly better result than applying Morph alone (and much better than FrameSurgeon alone for that particular frame). Normally, interpolating, say, frame 138 from the adjacent frames with Morph(137,139) should totally cancel the interpolation of the same (single) frame with FrameSurgeon(I1 138), right ? Or does Morph somehow include the actual frame that is being replaced in its calculations to create the interpolated frame ? Strangely, this happens only if “show=true” is used in the FrameSurgeon command, without it there is no difference (therefore it's moot since that switch is only useful for previewing and has to be set to “false” or removed for the actual rendering).
With Morpheus I don't see the same effect as described above, i.e., applying Morpheus after FrameSurgeon(show=true) produces the same result as Morpheus alone.
You can download PNG screenshots showing those findings on this thread where I asked roughly the same questions (over here, even if they get approved, the pictures will apparently be converted to heavily compressed JPG, as the limit for PNG is 200KB – which is really tiny nowadays...).

Quote:
If you just asking about converting the 25.0 fps to 29.97, might try the stuff in below link, I'de love to hear if it works ok for you.
Thus far, I just imported the source files as-is into the NLE, and exported as 29.97 FPS, which automatically converts the 25 FPS part, most likely by duplicating one frame every 5 (minus one every 1000, I suppose, to account for the 0.03 discrepancy ?). There's not much motion in the 25 FPS part, so it works like that (there are far more severe issues with levels / crushed shadows and blown highlights) ; but since I have to pre-process that footage anyway, if that aspect could be improved with a relatively simple Avisynth command (nothing is quite “simple” when it comes to Avisynth ! ), that would be welcome. Do you think that the above method (which I haven't tested yet) would significantly slow down the processing ?

Last edited by abolibibelot; 9th December 2018 at 01:36.
abolibibelot is offline   Reply With Quote