View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2019, 21:26   #257  |  Link
rocknard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
eac3to can use the libav/ffmpeg decoder but it may not work for all files. If eac3to fails try ffmpeg directly.
Well, i'm not well versed on ffmepg commands with variables as normalize + downstereo etc (i will check for future reference).

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Fortunately some nice folks still provide current FFmpeg builds which work under WinXP. This one by Reino (CoRoNe) is my favorite:
http://rwijnsma.home.xs4all.nl/files...c-xpmod-sse.7z

I know that it has no problems decoding and encoding eac3 audio.

To use qaac under XP you need an older version of iTunes or QuickTime. Let me know if I should upload something for you.

Cheers
manolito
Thanks, but i have already one packed by me. I don't know why i forgot to search for a ffmpeg for win xp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
The libav dll in use with eac3to is very old and only work with eac3 5.1, with 7.1 crash.
For instance with:

work with track 2, but crash with track 3, the bug is already reported.

To decode/recode the track 3 you can use the button 'A/V Recode', if you have the appropiate ffmpeg and qaac for you OS.

belight/besweet never can decode eac3.
Thank you for the note.

Well, i will check how to use ffmpeg to reencode a .eac3 7.1/5.1 to 2.0 (+lfe or not) with normalization/drc.

Stereo with 2 channels + subwoofer is equal to 2.1? do i need to put -downstereo or -downdpl (effect surround on stereo = dolby pro logic II or I?) on UsEac3To?

P.S.: behappy works on winxp with one lLSMASH-Works-r784 (for win xp) for .eac3 files (libav or ffmpegsource).

Last edited by rocknard; 3rd November 2019 at 21:33.
rocknard is offline   Reply With Quote