View Single Post
Old 15th November 2019, 19:00   #545  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
The best way to protect your privacy is not staying with an unsupported, proprietary operating system, but switching to an updated, free one instead. Like Linux. Or one of the BSDs. If privacy were really that important to you, you'd chose that route. But I'd wager you won't, which only means that privacy is either just a pretext for not liking Windows 10, or you're just angry that I don't value your personal level of privacy concerns the same as you.
The way I see it is Linux technically is not on par with Windows, example one is no browser supports hw acceleration making YouTube unusable for people with 4K/UHD display. I can use mpv to watch YourTube but very often I want to use Chrome.

Second example is PowerShell which I as .NET programmer consider far superior to bash, everything .NET including PowerShell runs fine on Linux but there is still an ideology problem on Linux against Microsoft even though MS nowadays does much for Open Source, much more than Apple I believe and also even Torvalds made a statement that this kind of thinking does not help. If I remember correctly than you left github the time around when it was acquired by Microsoft.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote