View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2011, 13:29   #50  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherid View Post
So why is it I'm producing burns of the same quality today that you were getting two years ago, as long of course, you took the samples from you're "premium collection"? How about some quality tests of two year old burns which didn't come from your "premium collection"?
I guess we'll never know.....

While doom9 was having a bit of a holiday however, I had an interesting burning experience which made me think of this thread, so I thought I'd discuss it here.

A couple of days ago I had an above average burning day. For the entire day pretty much every burn was above average in quality. So either Verbatim have been watching this thread and lifted their quality control in the last week, all of my burners were in an above average mood, it's just co-incidence, or something else was allowing the burners to burn well.

The only variable I can think of which may have factored in was the weather. It was hot. A really hot, dry heat. 40+ degrees Celsius. It wasn't hot in the room where my computers were located as I'd had the air conditioner on all day, so it was warm at best and I'd assume the air was very dry. Does humidity effect the quality of burns? It's the only variable I can think of.

As an example of what I mean I've posted some screen shots. These burns were typical for the day (there was the odd "throw away" as usual) and these are printable discs, which in my experience usually lowers the quality a little, and most would have come from the same "batch" as my previous screenshots, if not from the same spindle.
Or maybe all of my burners (it wasn't just one of them having a good day) were just in a better mood than usual for some reason.....

yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote