View Single Post
Old 26th June 2015, 03:25   #31343  |  Link
RyuzakiL

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
Most TV's are built around Limited range and their CMS and processing works best in limited range if not exclusively, like yours TV.
My Panasonic ST60 Plasma behaves best (no banding) only in Limited range when 4:4:4 is enabled.

I would recommend sending Limited Range to your TV.
GPU Limited, madVR Full, TV limited (Good all around but two [invisible] conversion stages).
Or GPU Full, madVR Limited, TV Limited (No stage conversions, best for Video but clipped PC range).

The question is whether your TV does 4:4:4 only in PC mode or in TV mode also (if at all)?
I would aim my priority for Smooth (no banding) 4:4:4 first, then on less range conversions.

Exactly!

I'm not advocating for limited range when using TV, but in my experience limited range gives more accurate picture with my TV and without unnecessary conversion stages if GPU+madVR set accordingly.
The Panasonic ST/VT 50/60 only like limited range with 4:4:4 like you already noticed.

If a TV behaves well in full range like a PC monitor, then by all means, use GPU Full, madVR Full, TV Full.
arrggh...stuck between two configs

I now understand that my Samsung 40inch LedTV can do both FULL and LIMITED by way of toggling "HDMI Black Level" to NORMAL (0-255) and LOW (16-235) and also my panel can do FULL and LIMITED range RGB 4:4:4

so now the question is what are the advantages of using FULL, FULL, FULL config compared to FULL, LIMITED, LIMITED config?

it seems my panel is a very flexible one and can do either both config, so i'm confused what config to use.

P.S. just want to put a nail on this topic and move on.
RyuzakiL is offline   Reply With Quote