View Single Post
Old 12th January 2020, 22:25   #7043  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Go here and download some builds of previous versions, find the one where the performance got worse and report back here with the build number.
Thanks but yeah that was an obvious thing to do and yet, doesn't really get me a solution. There probably isn't one, and it's not worth THAT much work, with 100-something releases in that era.

I ended up just accepting that I can't hold onto an old version of MPC-BE forever if I wish to support more/better features so gave up on the prior setup, set the 750TI to max performance instead of power savings (dynamic downclocking like all modern NV cards do) for MPC-BE specifically (per-app), then if I'm going to take that power and heat penalty anyway, gives me more headroom to switch to madvr rendering and that feature set.

Regardless, what testing I did do, did show a clear correlation between this newest version of MPC-BE and loss of performance with nothing else changed. There is no mistaking when the same file starts dropping frames, stuttering with audio out of sync and substantial, simultaneous Windows GUI slowdown. Disable downclocking/Pwr-Mgmt the GPU via the power management setting in Nvidia Control Panel and all that is gone.

Last edited by 999999999; 12th January 2020 at 22:30.
999999999 is offline   Reply With Quote