View Single Post
Old 13th May 2019, 02:55   #3176  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Guys, just to tell you that AVStoDVD is still alive (for the dinosaurs like me that stubbornly use it).
This is really good news...

Just when I started to think that this software is no longer maintained. My usual threshold is 6 months. If a software has not been touched by its author for this time then it is normally safe to assume that there will be no further development. Almost 5 months in this case...

I cannot think of too many feature requests, the software is almost perfect in its current state. The bug fixes you already mentioned (of course do not forget to integrate the latest hotfix from 15.01.2019) will be very welcome.

No idea if supporting AVS+ better by adding multithreading automatically would be a good idea. It is not without problems depending on the plugins which are used, so it mght be better to leave it to the users to add the appropriate params to the AVS script. The same goes for the LSMASH source filter. In some cases it gives better results than FFMS2, but the interface is not compatible with FFMS2, and advanced users can easily add it themselves by editing the AVS script.

Alright, these are my 2 cents...

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote