View Single Post
Old 8th December 2015, 00:01   #97  |  Link
nalor

Well - the main problem is that there's no way to detect a PK or host certificate in a memory dump... so eventually DVDfab products store PK, host cert or other interesting info also in the memory - but I've no idea how to recognize them.

The memory dump is simply ~100MB of random bytes and the only way to find the VUK inside the dump is because there are some indicators around the VUK that I noticed when I analyzed the memory dump the first time (like the DiscId).
But as I cannot guarantee that things might change over time I've also created the part 2 of FindVUK to validate the found VUK against the encrypted disc so that it's really clear that the VUK is correct.
I mean in case I would be 1 byte off in the memory dump the found VUK would still look quite good - but would be completely useless because it would be wrong.

I don't believe that a PK is stored in the local memory.. the PK is the most valuable information companies like DVDfab have - so I guess it's very well hidden (I think the relevant information that is necessary to get hands on the VUK is simply transferred to their server and all the initial decryption is performed on their server as well - so only the VUK is finally transferred to the client computer)
Eventually it's possible to find a HostCertificate in the memory dump - but I still wouldn't know how to find it

Finally I can tell you I've connected my external bluray drive to my RaspberryPi2 with Kodi and watch blurays with this combo - all I have to do is to copy my local keydb.cfg to the Pi and that's all I need, personally I stopped caring about getting a new PK because this is race has been lost a long time ago... (and this was the main reason why I started searching for a way to find VUK information for recent discs).

So I don't need the PK to watch blurays with linux.
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote