View Single Post
Old 19th May 2019, 21:13   #412  |  Link
Buck

Hi guys and thanks for the things to try! BTW, I'm in Windows (forgot to mention that).

In a hex viewer, I see that the (latest) FindVUK key file has CRLFs at the end of each entry. To test, I put candela's single entry key as a key file without a CRLF and that worked for my 2001:ASO.

At this point, I discovered my testing procedure was wrong. I cleverly thought to shutdown and restart the VLC player for each test. Now I figured out that by not ejecting and re-inserting the disc each time, VLC was reading drive or/and system cashed data, not re-inquiring the drive, and therefore VLC continued to fail. Now, I'm retesting from start.

candela's single entry key file works ... and without the CRLF. My DVDFab11 retrieved single key file also works without the CRLF. Apparently, CRLF is not critical (at least, at the end of the key file data).

BTW, the FindVUK key file, non-modified, works with the most recent Lawrence Of Arabia, which I just tested ... to give a point of reference.

(will continue) (okay I'm back)

Next test is adding my DVDFab11 key to the bottom of the FindVUK key file and ... it failed. However, removing that key from the bottom and putting it at the top and ... it works! That means somewhere in between data became messed up, or the structure became broken, or the structure is going in and out of broken (as it catches up to be in sync again) as it moves down the list. (Oooo, scary!)

Last edited by Buck; 19th May 2019 at 22:24.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote