View Single Post
Old 7th August 2012, 01:38   #2082  |  Link
manolito

Hi MrC,
it has been a while...

I normally do not use AVStoDVD, and it was pure coincidence that a few days ago I saw the latest Alpha build which supports language files. And I remembered that some time ago I did offer to do a German translation for AVStoDVD. Well, here it is:
///Link removed///

Some things (mostly tool tips) could not be translated because they are not included in the language file. The translation for the Menu Wizard shows up in the text menu, but not in the menu button text. And there is a false assignment in the Aften Advanced Options. The "Dynamic Range" text shows up twice while the "Lowpass" text does not show up at all.

And I have one suggestion: At the first start AVStoDVD displays a Quick Start Tutorial, and since no language has been selected at this time, the tutorial always shows up in English. It would be nice if the program did check the current country setting first and switch to the corresponding language before displaying the tutorial.

Unfortunately I get a similar program crash as 8ternity. Whenever I click on an entry in the sources window, I get the message: "Runtime error 9. Index out of valid range", and the program aborts. This only happens when I use my German language file, with the English or Italian language file everything is fine.

Another thing which does not work is indexing with DGIndex when I try to open an IFO file from a DVD. I just get the message that indexing failed without any further explanation. (This also happens with the stable version 2.42)

Last thing for today is a question about MKVToolNix versions. The stable installer versions of AVStoDVD come with an older version of MKVToolNix which obviously does work. Some time ago Mosu changed the behavior of MKVToolNix regarding the track IDs and track numbers of audio files, and this broke some older software which relies on MKVToolNix (StaxRip is one of them). Is the current Alpha of AVStoDVD compatible with the latest versions of MKVToolNix, or do we have to use an older version?

Alright, enough for tonite, time to go to bed...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 23rd August 2012 at 13:37.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote