View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:50   #1485  |  Link
danlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Hello, is that really everything you can see in the log of the failed job?
Before that, it [the command window] shows the usual startup information and checks for the presence of the optional other licensed codec files (Nero/FHG/ALAC), then says the file was added correctly. After a line break or two, it then displays the text I quoted in my initial message (presumably text which was displayed after I tried to convert the MP3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
I'm suspicious, because I can see no error there. Doesn't even look like it started doing anything
Yeah, that's all there is, which is what confused me also.

Only MP3 files seem to be affected, and the process of decoding aborts before it starts with a LameXP error window saying the file can't be processed and indicating I can click (double-click?) the filename for more details. The window displayed after clicking the filename is where the "This file is NOT supported!" error I quoted is shown. After that, I can close that window and continue using LameXP for other things or quit or whatever.

I've tried both changing and removing tags/metadata (ID3 v1.1 and v2.x) in the problematic MP3 files LameXP has told me were not supported (despite my having used them as source files in older versions of LameXP without error before) and LameXP still reports the files as "NOT supported" and doesn't even begin the decoding process.

I think you're correct in suspecting that LAME has not yet been invoked when the file is reported as being unsupported; in my fatigue when writing the initial message, I was confusing LameXP's error window with one reporting output from LAME.

Admittedly, I've only tried converting Ogg, Opus, MP3, WAV, and FLAC files during the time this "no MP3" error has existed in the betas, so I don't know whether any other non-MP3 files abort prior to decoding (Ogg, Opus, WAV, and FLAC work correctly and as-expected).

thanks!

Last edited by danlock; 2nd December 2017 at 02:08.
danlock is offline   Reply With Quote