View Single Post
Old 19th February 2015, 08:21   #742  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm3n View Post
Guess what? You're my man! You made my day so thank you so much.
Maybe not. I just discovered a major issue with that build which can cause display issues with styled ASS subtitles, even when not using style overrides... It looks like the Test1 & Test2 builds had the same issue, but I never noticed. That shouldn't be happening, so I've pulled the dl links for all the Relative Size Test builds until a solution is found. It should be fine with SRT and other non-styled subtitles for the time being, if that's all you watch. But you'd need to remember to disable the feature to not get unexpected behavior with some ASS scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm3n View Post
We only have to remember that it only displays correctly on video with square pixels.
4:3 for instance (non-square pixels) doesn't display like we expect :/
Am I right?
For subtitle display on anamorphic video without requiring Scale y/x compensation in the script, you need to set "Render Layout Options" to "Use AR Adjusted Video Size" in XySubFilter options. That this is still required on SRT seems to be an oversight, since I thought we were going to ignore that option on SRT and other non-styled subtitles. Either we forgot, or that change got lost somewhere.

If this is not what you are talking about, you'd need to give me an image example or sample.

[Edit: Nevermind, I think I see what you mean. You were probably talking about normal 4:3 video displayed on a 16:9 monitor like your older post, where subtitles size would be smaller at 1440x1080 (horizontal padding) then they are at 1920x1080. I never noticed this, since I actually use a 4:3 CRT. So for example, when I watched fullscreen with a display size of 1920x1440, both 16:9 (1920x1080) & 4:3 (1920x1440) would have the same subtitle size with that build. Which also happens to be the reason that test build kept a constant size with your earlier vertical cropping example. It seems what is needed is probably a user toggle to easily switch between relative width and relative height behavior, since I'm unsure if there is any practical way to do this automatically while also supporting constant size on cropped video. I'll put some thought into it.]

[Edit2: You could somewhat workaround this in that Relative Size Test3 build by using FFDShow to always pad your 4:3 videos to 16:9 to match your display. Except then you'd potentially have long subtitle lines displayed within the horizontal padding, which you may not desire.]

Last edited by cyberbeing; 19th February 2015 at 09:39.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote