View Single Post
Old 29th May 2010, 06:26   #8377  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs @capsbackup The successful Universal full disc backups I referred to were both on DVD9s...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's reliable for me. As far as I can remember, there was only one disc that had the audio issue for me.
My first tests were with a Sony BX1 back in the beginning of BD-RB. Same backups that the audio and subtitles would not work on DVD media would work if burned to BD-RE. DVD media discs would play fine though with software players. Even brought the disc that would not play on my BX1 to the local Best Buy and tested it on a Sony S301, and then it played perfectly! It did not play on the other brands available at that time though.
I have now successfully done approx. 10 full backups to BD5/9 media, that play on both my BX1 and S360, but only one has been a Universal title.
Perhaps I will test some of these past unsuccessful movies again, just to see if there has been a change of luck.
With the long list of bug fixes and improvements to BD-RB, as well as updates and fixes to .x264, it is probably time to try!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote