View Single Post
Old 8th September 2009, 20:23   #5067  |  Link
PurpleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMan View Post
Just finished doing Batman Begins again (full backup BD25).

Unfortunately, result has major PiP issues.
The problem is two-fold:

1. When you turn on the "in-movie experience" (pip), the secondary video appears even when it's not supposed to (which means I see a black frame in the pip, because there's no video there).

2. Even in parts that it IS supposed to be showing, it seems slight unsynced with when the video frame jumps from one side of the screen to another. I mean, PiP is in lower-right corner and we have this guy talking there. then the frame moves to the lower-left corner and you see the guy there for half a second, then it switches to another scene, as if that half of second was intended for BEFORE the frame moved from one side to the other. (I confirmed this on the original disc, in which it is indeed in sync with the frame-move).

I don't have a standalone player, but both these issues presented themselves in PowerDVD7, PowerDVD9 and TotalMedia Theatre 3. All of which play the original disc correctly with no problem.
Just finished backing it up yet again and the problem recreated itself.
Don't know why I thought it would magically work now. Also, don't know why I've set it to 2-pass now. Oh well.
PurpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote