View Single Post
Old 7th December 2019, 19:40   #58037  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuNgUn View Post
Samsung's do a really nice job with judder reduction and smooth motion...
I wouldn't waste the GPU/CPU cycles on MadVR for this... Instead, improve image quality.
But like you said, it's a personal choice.
it barely possibile to measure the processing cost in madVR and they try to achieve something completely different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
You are right, but I can not recommend Samsungs smooth motion in madVR thread
just the same name they have nothing todo with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgin187 View Post
Sorry if I知 asking too many questions but you池e helping a lot. Problem now is I choose pc mode and it gives me the two option dynamic and standard with other options greyed out on the tv so I know I知 in pc mode. But as soon as the file starts to play on madvr I知 back to normal mode being able to select movie standard vivid on tv telling me I知 not in pc mode anymore. This happens full screen and windowed playback.

Also the chroma test am I looking for blue and purple outside the numbers and solid colours inside. Or blue purple inside 422 or inside 444 or inside both. I知 doing the test in full screen 1.1 scaling. Also does this test matter in hdr

Also any settings to concentrate my GPUs power to eliminate colour banding and black crush

Thanks so much btw for help given
because Samsung can't usually do PC mode at 23p.
and let me guess if you disable PC mode at 60 hz you still can't use the frame interpoaltion thingy in your TV because it is a 60 hz panel meaning 23p is is a hoax too? with modern Samsung the majority has this issue.

Quote:
You WANT to use PC mode for playing media??
usually the most accurate mode with 4.4:4 support so making it obviously something you want if you care about an accurate image.
Quote:
Whatever display settings game mode gives you, should be available in other TV modes... It could be other reasons some settings are greyed out.
For example, a LOT of settings on my Samsung TV aren't available at 60Hz refresh. Once I used MadVR to match the refresh rate of the content (23.97Hz), the all the display settings became available.
Another reason my I recommended using the TV's processing for judder and smooth motion...
do as you please just sad that most Samsung can't display a 23p file correctly.

Quote:
Im using madvr with mpc-hc and geforce gtx 1080. when i am able to select pc mode with the player playback everythings dark. ive changed the pc levels 0-255 and 16-235 to help but only makes a very tiny difference. the other hdmi levels are greyed out. pc mode is working during this as the chroma image you gave works like in your image. and the brown fox text is clear with proper scaling.
try this on a desktop with the GPU at 0-255: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php

tell me what you see.

same here:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...libration.html

the basic settings -> 1-Black Clipping.mp4
again tell me what you see all with the GPU at 0-255.

Quote:
ive solved the problem pc mode disappearing to normal when starting a movie with madvr. the problem now is everything is too dark ive got the tv on hdmi normal setting and 0-255 on madvr
pretty sure normal is wrong with a GPU at 0-255. but they use what ever names they want with these option i guess "deep" was full range for Samsung.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote