Thread: StaxRip
View Single Post
Old 10th December 2017, 05:14   #2745  |  Link
JohnLai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesdaris View Post
I use the settings like on the image I posted above (found it in this thread), only with VBR HQ instead of VBR and so far it's been working fine.No huge files\bitrates.
I got a feeling that your Initial QP ain't set to 1.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm71 View Post
Using Staxrip and NVenc and it says my Video Engine is at 97% load on my GTX 1060 but my fans aren't spinning on my video card! Is this normal??

Max temps in the low 60's. Also like the last few you asked what are your 2500 bps quality settings? Staxrip doesn't have a 2-pass mode?

Thanks
=.= Let just say NVENCC two pass isn't what you think it is........

MSI GTX 1060? I read it only start to spin the fan once it reach 62'C. There is one manufacturer who set the fan to spin at 65'C too, but I can't remember which. To be sure, try manually adjust the fan speed to verify if it is fan hardware issue. Can't discount the possibility.

Because nvenc chip (pascal) doesn't support B-Frame, depending on resolution/framerate/scene, 2500kbps might be a bad or good idea.....

2500kbps with DVD resolution is fine.
720p 30fps is still acceptable.
1080p 30fps with 2500kbps? Unless it is animation or the content has a lot of static scene......don't bother.

General rule: Follow https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en youtube bitrate recommendation, but with a bit twist. Youtube bitrate recommendation is for H264. Since you are using HEVC, well, divide those values by 2? However, since Nvenc chip doesn't support b-frame, so....better set 60-70% of youtube recommended bitrates/resolution/framerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigpro View Post
nvidia drivers 388.13 still have API error with nvencc
Yup...didn't I type that version in the screenshot? As far as nvidia concerned, it is fixed in their bug report database. I kinda lazy to report/inform the issue still exists. Anyone wanna inform nvidia instead?
JohnLai is offline   Reply With Quote