View Single Post
Old 30th October 2020, 07:45   #30135  |  Link
abogard

Well, I made a long post documenting my findings but I guess it was too long or something because the moderator didn't see fit to publish it, so I wasted my time there. Instead I'm going to try and document an interesting finding. It seems the problem lies in the command line. While doing the encode I went to the LASTCMD.TXT file and found this:

Quote:
"D:\1\BD_Rebuilder\tools\nvenc\nvencc.exe" --avhw -i "E:\TRUE.DETECTIVE.S01.DISC2\BDMV\STREAM\00045.m2ts" --codec h264 --preset performance --bluray --qp-min 0 --multipass 2pass-full --vbr 0 --vbr-quality 25 --aq-temporal --sar 40:33 --aud --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 12000 --max-bitrate 7000 --gop-len 24 -o "D:\TEMP\WORKFILES\VID_00045_2.AVS.264"
In other words, it's encoding the wrong file. It's supposed to be encoding the file 00045.track_6912.264 and instead it's being directed to the .m2ts without any indication to the secondary video except in the end. So what happens is that the software encodes the main movie only with a different set of commands, that explains the file size. I'm not the expert here but maybe there's the problem.
abogard is offline   Reply With Quote