View Single Post
Old 13th February 2019, 16:54   #6722  |  Link
redbtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by excellentswordfight View Post
Imo, the bitrate you are targeting is so high that most of your settings are way overkill. You will spend alot of cpu cycles for virtually no quality gain, you will be well beyond the dimishing return point.

Have you actually tried those settings? It wouldn't surprise me that placebeo crf12 could render a file bigger then the original 4k one, and you will be lucky if you do it above 1fps. I'm sure you have your reasons for this scenario, but if quality was that important to me, I would just go with the original.
I tried this settings only without (--rd 6 --rd-refine --opt-cu-delta-qp), with (--rd 3 --no-rskip). For example for file bitrate 57 Mbs size 45 GB output bitrate 26 Mb/s size 21 GB with 1.4fps encode speed. I think with new settings it's be around 0.9-1fps on my 6 core i5 8400.
I view at 4K UHD TV, but it is connected to a computer as duplicated with a monitor with a resolution of 1080p because windows 10 cannot normally scale many applications in 4K (it's sadly). Therefore, I decided that there is no point in reducing the image via MadVR in real time. Although I have a GTX 1080 which does it without problems. And also save about 50 percent of the HDD space.
redbtn is offline   Reply With Quote