View Single Post
Old 21st April 2010, 04:33   #7831  |  Link
Nerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerz View Post
I've have now been able to back up a number of blu-rays now. For that, thank you very much jdobbs, your work has been great. I am now only having one problem so far, my blu-rays re-encode, burn fine, from what i can tell. On my ps3 and my vizio blu-ray players the movies play and look great. Though its not a big problem but there is one blu-ray which i don't use that much anymore, bdp-s301 that will not play the bd-r25 backups. It says can't play disc, or no disc in tray. At first I ignored it because before the firmware update it said it was not bd-r compliant. The lastest firmware update did state it added this: "Compatibility with BD-R/RE discs burned by the Click to Disc™ and Click to Disc™ Editor software included with some VAIO® computers". I don't have this software but I have a hard time believing that only that software has the capabilities the record data that my blu-ray player can play. Since it's not a much used player it won't be big deal if get it working, just would be nice. Yes it does play original blu-rays
Just wondering, could it be because of LTH type discs? I'm using verbatim 2x bd-r LTH. Does anyone know if the BDP S301 supports LTH? I can get these discs for about $35 for 20. Any other mediums close in price?
Nerz is offline   Reply With Quote